CARBON • TRAIL • MOUNTAIN
The Arktos27.5 features a dual-linkage platform called “Sine Suspension” that Alchemy licensed exclusively from David Earle. The name “Sine” comes from the shock rate, which resembles a sine wave when graphed. It’s regressive through the first part of the travel to absorb small bumps and provide climbing traction. In the middle of the stroke, its progressive to avoid wallowing on big hits or in hard, fast corners. Then it’s slightly regressive again in the last 15 percent of the stroke to enable the bike to use all 6 inches of its rear-wheel travel. With this bike you could talk technologies and physics all day long, but none of that stuff really matters the moment that you feel the efficiency, responsiveness and control the Arktos gives you on any terrain. It will truly transform what you thought you could do on the mountain.
• Wheel size: 27.5"
• Max tire clearance: 2.4"
• Spacing: Boost 12x148mm
• Travel: 152mm / 6"
• Shock: Fox Float DPX2
• Fork: 150-160mm compatibility, 180mm max
• Bottom bracket: 73 mm threaded, ISCG05 under BB mount
• Seat post: 31.6 mm with internal dropper routing
• Headset: IS41 upper – IS52 lower for tapered steerer
• Drivetrain: 1x only
• Shock Size: 215x63mm/8.5x2.5"
• Hardware: 10mmx22mm
• Chainring Clearance: 38t (need 3mm offset ring for SRAM Eagle)
• Bearings: Enduro BB 3930 LLU and BB MR 21531 LLU MAX
• Brake Mount: Post mount 74mm for 160mm rotor standard